RFB Mantle - Beige
RFB MANTLE - BEIGE
Sovereign, ready for battle
Your knighthood is one of courage, truth and courage. You are charged with defending the innocent and the weak, and today your oath is being tested. Out of town, there's been a bandit attack on a merchant and his family, and it's up to you to save them.
Your squire puts your RFB Mantle around your neck before you gargle and add the helmet. With the helmet firmly above your head, say a prayer to your god and your little unit hits the road.
Epic Armoury's Ready-for-Battle Mantle is a padded cotton cushion designed to provide comfort and protection under your neck and shoulder gear. Made from padded cotton canvas with a soft polyester inside and a medium cotton outer layer, this coat can be worn on its own or as a padding under a heavy steel or leather harness.
The RFB Mantle is stitched to ensure that the filling remains evenly distributed. Secure it around your neck by tying the cotton cords to the shoulders so you can adjust it. Padded armor was common in many cultures and used over a large area of the time. With its neutral style, the RFB Mantle will work on a wide variety of characters.
- Used as a padding under chainmail or plate armor
- Historically, a high-medieval European wambuis was recorded as being able to stop sword blows from penetrating the skin.
- Could stop heavy arrows and clubs and bites with the addition of overlapping chainmail.
- Affordable, personalized costume, interchangeable with all other Epic armor
- 100% natural materials
- Made from locally manufactured fabrics
- Handmade by a qualified professional. The measurements are approximate and may vary.
This medium cotton product feels soft, but is heavier than light cotton. This material wrinkles easily, but can be ironed at an average heat level.
Machine washable at 40°C/104°F. Make sure you wash it once before use to make sure the remaining dye is removed from the product. It is recommended to wash with clothes of a similar color to reduce the risk of a dye print. Dry in the dryer over a low heat, but keep in mind that it can shrink to 5%. For general stains or discoloration, treat it with a commercial vacuum cleaner or stain with lukewarm water and a soft cloth.