Greaves Squire - Black
GREAVES SQUIRE - BLACK
Item no: IF-101032
Defiant, Epic Armoury
As a squire, you must wake with the sun to prepare for your training. You are responsible for your master as well as your extra chores, and it’s only after the morning’s water is boiled and you’ve set out your master’s clothing and armour that you are allowed to begin your drills.
What armour you own, a pair of Squire Greaves, is easy enough for you to wear as you practice your sword swings. One day you will be a fearsome knight. For now, you must continue to work hard.
Epic Armoury’s Squire Greaves are a pair of sturdy leg guards designed to protect the shins during combat. Made from four thick full-grain leather plates fit together using tough leather cords, these greaves have great structural strength to make them last a long time and resist deformation. Comfort is also important, as these greaves feature soft split-leather lining against your skin on the inside.
Secure these greaves to your leg by adjusting the leather cord lacing to your desired tightness. The style is timeless and moderate, and is fully compatible with other Epic Armoury leather and metal armours, giving you the freedom to customize your costume.
Available in Black and Brown, and in sizes Small, Medium, and Large.
- May also be referred to as a schynbald, only protecting the front of the lower leg
- The word greave comes from the Old French greve, which means “shin,” or “shin armour”
|32 (Small) - 36 (Large)
|31 (Small) - 40 (Large)|
- Made from natural, full-grain quality leather
- Straps and fittings made from natural, top-grain quality leather
- Top-grain leather fittings
- Stitching around edges strengthen structural stability and increase lifetime
- Colours dyed into material
- Handmade by qualified professionals. Measurements are approximations.
Natural leather products are very durable, but require regular maintenance with leather care products to stay flexible and to increase life-time. Make sure your leather products are kept dry when stored. Let wet leather dry naturally before treating. If frequently wet and dry, increase frequency of maintenance.
Clean by removing dried dirt with a brush designed for suede, then gently rub with a clean, damp cloth until the leather appears clean. Use a dry cloth to wipe away any remaining water from the leather.